IC-M59 Marine Mobile Radio:
1.16/9 digital channels
1.16/9 digital channels
4.FR output power:1/25W
VHF mounted marine transceiver
RX/TX: all USA, Canadian and international marine channels
RX only: 10 weather channels
Output power: 25 W
Receiver sensitivity: 0.22 µV (FM, 12 dB SINAD)
DSC capable (optional)
- Tag scanning replaces memory channels...and programming books!
- "Smart" mic allows for control of channel selection and power levels right on the mic
- Large LCD with 4 levels of LCD backlighting
- One piece, die-cast aluminum construction for durability, heat dispersion, and signal clarity
- Exceptional receiver and audio quality
- All channels
- One-touch channel 16 selection
- Backlit keypad
- Dual/tri watch
- Normal and priority scan
- Available in black or white
- Flush mounting kit (option MB-28)
- Voice scrambler (option UT-79)
- DSC capable (optional UX-120, meets U.S. Coast Guard's SC-101 proposal or the GMDSS Class F requirements)
- 3 year waterproof warranty
- Frequency Coverage: Transmit: 156.025 -157.425 MHz; Receive: 156.025 - 163.275 MHz
- Usable channels: All U.S.A., International and Canadian channels; plus 10 weather channels
- Mode: FM (16K0G3E); DSC (16K0G2B; with optional UX-120)
- Power Supply Requirement: 13.8 V DC +/-15% (negative ground)
- Current Drain (at 13.8 V DC):
- Transmit: 6.0 (high); 1.5 A (low)
- Receive: 1.2 A (max. audio); 350 mA (standby)
- Usable Temperature Range: -20°C~ to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F)
- Antenna connector: 50 ohms (SO-239)
- Dimensions: 166(W) x 70(H) x 175(D) mm; 6.52(W) x 2.75(H) x 6.84(D) in (projections not included)
- Weight: 1.0 kg; 2.2 lb
- Output Power (at 13.8 V): 25 W (high); 1 W (low)
- Modulation System: Variable reactance phase modulation
- Spurious Emissions: Less than -70 dB
- Noise and hum: 40 dB
- Microphone Impedance: 600 ohms
- Receiver System: Double-conversion superheterodyne
- Intermediate Frequencies: 1st: 21.8 MHz; 2nd: 455 kHz
- Sensitivity: 0.22µV for 12 dB SINAD (typical)
- Squelch sensitivity (at threshold): 0.18 µV
- Adjacent channel selectivity: 70 dB
- Spurious Response Rejection Ratio: 70 dB
- Intermodulation rejection ratio: 70 dB
- Audio Output Power: More than 3.5 W with a 4 ohms load
- Audio Output Impedance: 4 ohms
Some versions cannot use all the options listed here since type approval for the IC-M59 varies between countries. Ask your dealer which options are available.
- SP-5 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: A large, external speaker for superior audio output.
- SP-10 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: A compact, external speaker. Features easy installation.
- MB-28 FLUSH MOUNT: For mounting the IC-M59 to a panel. Available in white or black.
- PS-66 DC-DC CONVERTER: Enables use of a 24 V boat battery. Input voltage: 19 to 32 V DC; Output voltage: 13.6 V DC
- UT-79 VOICE SCRAMBLER UNIT: Provides 128 analog voice scramble codes for private communications.
- UX-120 DSC UNIT: Provides the IC-M59 with DSC capabilities which comply with U.S. Coast Guard proposal SC-101 for marine digital communications.
- OPC-457 NMEA CABLE: For connecting a GPS receiver to send positioning data with DSC calls via the UX-120.